The Account Director is responsible for creating and supporting an efficient working environment for all of the accounts in the Agency and fostering an environment of creative excellence. As a senior member of the Account Team you add value to both the relationships with the clients and internally, you don’t just manage timelines you ensure that all deliverables are accounted for, you are a creative and strategic partner not a paper pusher. You are seen as a senior agency representative with clients, and as such we count on you to set the course for a healthy client/agency relationship based on mutual respect and common objectives. This approach allows us to create, sell in, and execute break through creative work. This role reports directly to the VP Account Director.
You are responsible for
– Managing and supervising the Account Supervisor and Account Coordinator(s) on key projects and on all internal account maintenance including billing, budget tracking, and overall account functionality—ensuring there’s a consistent level of excellence and timeliness—hitting all monthly meetings.
– Managing up to the VP Account Director & Executive Director on key projects, highlighting red flag issues that need to be elevated in a timely manner both on key projects as well as with the work flow internally that could be optimized. It is expected that you can work and run a project independently but can manage up efficiently.
THE CLIENT’S BUSINESS
– Demonstrating an acute knowledge of the client’s business: understanding the client’s industry, products, and objectives inside an out.
– Proactively understanding what the client’s annual planning process looks like and be a hound for incremental business opportunities.
THE CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
– Establishing and fostering rock strong relationships with the clients. They should trust you to be objective and to provide a credible opinion—not just a nice person to work with.
– Developing a relationship with the clients past just the project we’re working on at the moment, understand what else they want for their brands and what they feel like is missing from their overall offering.
STRATEGY & PRESENTATIONS
– You are the voice of the project for the client. Working closely with the Executive Director, Creative Director, VP Account Director and strategists as applicable, you develop the creative brief for the team and eventually the strategic set up for presentations from positioning to creative insights.
– During the creative process you help ensure that the work delivers on the strategy and provide thoughts on how it can be reframed to deliver against the brief if its missing the mark.
– You are the main voice for the client so presentation skills are a must.
– Demonstrates refined creative judgment. The Account Director, together with the Executive Director, Creative Director, and VP Account Director is responsible for creative excellence of all Hatch products as demonstrated by:
– Owning the process. As an Account Director you are involved in the process from the client kick off meeting to the final deliverables of the process including any production liaison needed. You are expected to not only know exactly how the process works, but to find ways to constantly make it work for you. This includes managing timelines, scheduling the internal reviews with teams and making sure the team sticks to meeting times.
– Optimizing. If the process isn’t working, elevate it and suggest ways on how to solve it.
– Drafting up a clear, concise, detailed initial Scope of Work for projects you are directly managing. Working with the ED, CD and VP AD to get the SOW costed out and approved.
– Sharing the SOW with the client and managing the process of the project so that it stays in line with the SOW.
Identifying out of scope opportunities. If the project looks like it might run over or above and beyond the SOW, you are responsible for alerting the ED/CD and VP AD prior to the overage and developing a plan with them to issue change orders to clients.
– Overseeing the billing process. Actively participate in the weekly billing meetings with Finance Manager and over seeing the Account Team to ensure that clients are being billed in a timely manner.
– Understanding the agency financials. Participating in monthly reviews to understand if we’re meeting our goals and working with the DCS to push projects up as necessary.