We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our team at Hatch in San Francisco. A Senior Designer is responsible for owning projects from start to finish including interpreting creative briefs, generating and presenting ideas that push to find unique brand stories based on design strategy and the creative brief. This role reports into the Design Director.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely across our multidisciplinary teams to create breakthrough brands that address our clients’ unique opportunities and challenges
- Collaborate with account management, internal teams, and external vendors to bring brands to life across multiple design executions
- Foster strong client relationships and support Design Directors in team presentations
- Collaborate with fellow Designers, Design Directors, Creative Directors, Writers, Strategists and vendors to generate and deliver compelling design solutions
- Offer mentorship and provide constructive feedback on projects to junior designers and oversee the evolution of the work
- Excite and inspire colleagues and clients alike and earn their confidence in your design capabilities
Skills and qualities we look for:
- 5+ years of design experience, preferably in an agency or design studio
- A beautiful and strategic portfolio that demonstrates a strong creative point of view
- Experience building thoughtful, compelling brand identity systems, and executing across packaging, print, experiential and digital design
- Exude optimism, energy, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You thrive in a fast-moving, collaborative environment
- Detail oriented and organized. You’re a pro at managing and prioritizing the workload for yourself and your team.
- Open minded and generous – you proactively share your perspective
and seek input from others
- Confident, persuasive communicator with the ability to make strategic and intelligent design decisions
- Ability to brainstorm brilliant creative ideas and employ your strategic thinking to recommend strong design solutions
- Excellent typographic sensibility and drawing skills and highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Undergraduate degree in graphic design or similar experience