We are looking for an Associate Creative Director to join our team at Hatch in San Francisco. An Associate Creative Director is highly strategic, design-oriented creative with solid experience building break through brands from the ground up and crafting compelling brand stories for clients across categories. The Associate Creative Director actively contributes to the creative vision of Hatch, effectively influencing the work and creating a real impact for both our teams and clients.
This role reports into the Creative Director and the ACD is responsible for managing and mentoring the entire design team.
What you’ll do:
- Provide creative leadership and collaborate across disciplines create fully immersive brand experiences for clients
- Oversee and guide the creative excellence of our work, with a commitment to producing inspiring and compelling design
- Build strong relationships with clients that foster trust, serving
as a creative expert for branding and marketing projects
- Engage with clients on a strategic level and partner with Account Directors to facilitate a seamless process- you help sell the work
- Help evolve and improve our creative process, ensuring efficiency
and smarter work that delivers impact for our clients’ businesses
- Mentor and motivate designers and provide thoughtful and engaging feedback that encourages professional development and team growth
- Contribute thought leadership for internal marketing efforts and profile-building initiatives that grow Hatch’s reputation in the design space- how do we allow ourselves to play?
- Engage in the broader design community as well as recruitment and help build an influential creative network
- Partner with strategy, writers and account to identify growth opportunities with our clients that are based on a deep understanding of their business objectives and goals
- You’ll be part of the senior leaderships team and will be a guiding presence with the agency- you are a steward of agency culture.
Skills and qualities we look for:
- 10+ years of graphic design and art direction experience within creative or branding agencies, or a mix of agency and in-house experience
- Strategic thinking skills and a background in creating new and evolved brand identity systems across industries and categories, spanning a variety of channels and touchpoints
- Exceptional design aesthetic that is unconventional yet memorable
- Successful track record of tapping into the potential of creative teams to deliver work that is provocative and disruptive
- Strong systems thinking and rationale
- Previous experience managing and leading a team and supporting the professional development of your design team
- An effective communicator and spirited leader; you inspire others to do their best work and are able to guide and persuade both internally and externally
- Ambitious and solution-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to be brave, free-thinking, obsessive and rigorous when it matters most
- Tenacious and determined with a clear point of view and a leader inside and outside the organization
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign,